Wednesday, September 06, 2006

.......................................................................................................................................................................

hi gang,

I've been locked away trying to finish the text for my book. I usually do most of the writting at a cafe called Liquid Planet, where I usually have two quadruple Macchiatos (sp?).

I've also had some time to do some art. I started a new series of sketchs...matchbook sketches. Most of you have never seen any of my drawings, so here are some for you. Of course, I couldn't stand just having a drawing without some found object...thus the matchbooks. Check em out









........................................................................................................................................................................

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know how this makes me feel don't ya?

Mmmmmmm... Me and drawing go way back...!!!

Pencils = love

Looking at these makes me all swoony...They are SOOO great!

I look forward to seeing more...

XoxoxoX
Jane

(P.S. Your phone call did wonders for my soul. Thank you... And- yes, my thoughts are with you at this time- talk again when I get back.)

Unknown said...

Thank for the kind words. I really appreciated it.

Good luck with the big photo shoot. Sound like you got your work done. You'll have fun, I'm sure. By the by I just got done with a paragraph where I mention stealing the anatomy man idea from Thomas ( I also mention that he is married to the famous artist Jane).

Anonymous said...

I am a huge fan of yours and check your blog everyday-so I was thrilled to see that you had a new post! Ok, can this book come out any sooner!?!! Just kidding-sort of-I am anxious to get it and just can't wait.

Your art touches my soul and I love it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Chris T.

Violetswalk said...

Michael! These are stunning!!! I can't wait to share these with Evan! You are such an inspiration to him! Thank you for sharing your work!
Kelly Feraro