Saturday, September 09, 2006

Fires

The wildfires are killing me. Man, I have had the worst case of allergies and headaches. Couldn't imaging what it woud be to live further south and closer to the fire. There seems to be a thin layer of light soot on everything these days, and the sky is pale yellow most of the time. Makes for amazing sunsets as well as blood red moons.
Heres a photo of the Derby fire (the big one, 250,000 acres). We have had a couple fires here in the Missoula Valley this year where the slurry bombers zoomed in to drop retardant. We've been fortunate, however, the fires were put out fast. Shot taken byMike Granger, a fire fighter.

ciao
Michael

1 comment:

Mystery of a Street said...

Hi Michael

I can definitely empathize with you. My allergies have gone wild since i received a film projector that i purchased on eBay. When it arrived the other day, it had large patches of visible mold [yuk!], and a horrid moldy odor emitting from it. As soon as i opened the box, my allergies flared up, and i have not felt right since then. And of course, the seller is denying any knowledge of this, even though a few other people have left her negative feedback in the past week, for similar problems. :(

At any rate, i hope you [WE!] feel better soon, and are now able to settle in for a season or two of doing what we all love the most.. creating!

ps. I love your sketches and your site update looks great. Your book will be released in time for my birthday and i am definitely going to treat myself!

Karina