Monday, May 14, 2012

Random Acts of Art

Well, heading back North to Vancouver after a weekend of fine Southern hospitality.  It all started with a dish called Eggs Abraham at Mean Mr. Mustards, then to antiquing at Needful Things and culminating in the sleepy town of Saluda and a weekend of bizarre critter and shrine making at Random Arts.


Here's a little of what you missed if you weren't there.


Awwwwww….Jane's new store...

Here's a little Zoo-illogical that Bobbie was working on…hide the kids.

Jen went more with a Rockets theme…"Hello my honey, hello my baby, hello my ragtime gal"

Meanwhile Flav was working on a Swan Lake Barbie theme...

Here's a nice one with a medusa hand-thing going down.  Love the contrast with the lilies.  

Of course each class ends with a little class discussion of what everyone accomplished.
Here's me blathering on.

And last but not least Me and my host Jane, and the Patron of Rusty Things Class.  

We had talked about skipping next year for my return but we all had such a fun time… I'll be back.  Next year…puppets and marionettes.  Things with strings.  
Woo hoo!

2 comments:

Petie said...

Sigh...wish I could have been there but I won't miss next year!

Melanie Statnick said...

I heard this was awsome!! I wish I could have been there, but I live in wilson. However I'll be up there on the long weekend for open studio. Hope I can take your class one day closer to home!!