Saturday, February 26, 2011

NOLA...what a friggin' cool trip. Part One

Well returned from New Orleans last week...75 degrees to 0...yikes...that was an eye opener!  The workshop was an amazing and fun experience.  Here's what went down...

Feb 14th
Arrived on Valentines Day... wandered around as I waited for the organizer, Katherine Engen, and my girlfriend, Andrea Matus, to arrive.  I came across this little procession...which at first I thought to be an actual Jazz Funeral...no casket, though.


  Andrea and I grabbed a little dinner while some of the other arrivers headed to Emeril's.  I called Katherine after din din and said lets meet at the R Bar for an after dinner cocktail.
Afterall...it was Shot and a Haircut night...
No one in our group partook of the offer so we headed to a little bar called the Spotted Cat


dancing everywhere...look at Katherine go


and even this little guy got into the scene


Feb 15th
Next morin'...the early arrivers are feeling the effects of a late night in NOLA...so off we go to the world Elizabeth's for breakfast...
Waiting for food....
so Katherine and I decide on a little hair of the dog...Bloody Marys...mmmmmmmmm
A bit of wandering and shopping then it is off to the Napoleon House for lunch
Andrea and I hanging beneath the fronds in the courtyard..
No one can resist the  famous Napoleon House Pimms Cups....

that evening:


Meet and Greet
at the Voodoo Museum
A very interesting and amazing experience...
Here's the famous Voodoo practitioner, Marie Laveau:


Cinnamon makes love potions and gris gris bags...
that's it for now...
to be continued........



1 comment:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

OMGosh......totally jealous (in a healthy way of course!) and did not really realize how much I miss that city until I looked at the pics..."Been there, and there, and THERE...."
Sounds like it was a wonderful get away--work aside--and with good company!
I hear you on the zero degrees; UGH.

XXOO~~
Anne