Monday, August 23, 2010

Sketched Out Monday- Masked Man

Hi
 just getting packed up to go to Valley Ridge.  One of my favs.  So Here's the latest installment  of Sketched out Monday.  
First off just a little sketch I did this morning at Bernice's Bakery
and then I found one I did a while back...
Shrine Head Guy

This was the design for what became this:
This is the Shrine Mask sample for this year's Day of the Dead/Oaxaca Workshop.  I actually just finished it.  So I'm a little behind...at least I didn't make it on the plane to Oaxaca...besides I think it is against TSA policy to use Dremels in an airplane during take-off and landing.
Speaking of planes
off to pack.
M

p.s.  Thanks to everyone who has downloaded my Shades of Alchemy iPhone/iPad App.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! now i AM excited about oaxaca... this isn't mask making this demeng mask masking.. two different breeds entirely... :)yona

Harnett-Hargrove said...

Potent work. Happy trails... -j

ennovyennovy said...

exceptionnelle

Thespa McLaughlin said...

This is what I do and a lot of times my sketches will be very similar to the finished piece and other times they are completely different than what I envisioned, do you ever have that problem? Great piece by the way. Just fab-YOU-lous! Thanks for sharing.

Paula Guhin said...

Love it...thanks for showing the mask and inspiring me!
Paula at MixedMediaManic.blogspot.com

JudyK said...

Very cool..reminds me somehow of Silence of the Lambs.

Stephen said...

I just surfed on to your blog... & i am glad I did. What a major, world class talent. I will be back to poke around & get to know your work.

Best wishes from Portland!