Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fall Must Be Getting Close....My Favorite Season


"Over the wine-dark sea." -Homer - Iliad, I. 350 "
Red red wine makes me feel so fine" - Neil Diamond
Madonna Estates' Hallovine - Artwork by Michael deMeng


Wine Label Signing in the East Bay at Tangerine
Sept. 26th 6pm
7038 Village Parkway Dublin CA
925-548-8447
I'll sign labels...tell you stories, sign books (not just mine...other people's too) it will be a fun little shindig.  Hope to see you there.   I will also be doing workshops there Sun-Tues.
click here for more on the classes
HalloVine:
So here is the skinny about the wine: it is a 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, 100% Napa Valley fruit, aged in French Oak barrels.  It is a 2005 vintage...........13.8 % alcohol. It has strong notes of black current, and is a rich and zesty wine that will age beautifully.......... potentially another 10 to 15 years.  It has berry jam and supple tannins with a long sweet oak smooth finish.  It pairs well with mildly seasoned beef, beef stews, and dark chocolate.  It can be ordered from the winery by going to the winery website www.madonnaestate.com, listed on the winery store by September 1st..or by calling (866) 724-2993, or emailing brette@madonnaestate.com after September 1st.


Dead Man's Party
newlydeadsCheck out the lastest issue of Cloth, Paper, Scissors.  I've done a little segment on creating little calacas (Mexican Day of the Dead scenes).   I take you step by step through the gory process of transforming everyday wedding figures to "Newly Deads".
At bookstores now.
or click here



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Duuuuuude... the label came out SO cool! Congrats!!!

julzabro said...

I luv your work and your article in cloth, paper, scissors was awesome! I luv that u use things already made and alter them! Great work and very inspirational!

Melissa Valeriote said...

LOVE the label. Can't wait to add this one to my Halloween wine collection!

Thespa McLaughlin said...

The label is fabulous! Wish I could just hop on over but it takes a bit more than a hop from Arkansas. I really enjoyed your article in Cloth Paper Scissors. I loved the skeletons. Got me all excited to start on my Halloween projects that have been collecting dust till the muse strikes, I think you gave my muse a kick in the pants, LOL. Have a great week!