Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Recombobulation!


Mad Alchemist's Construction Guide from Michael deMeng on Vimeo.


Here's the skinny…Minnie:


Mad Alchemist's Construction Guide: 
Online August 18, 2012

Art Lab

It's time for another online workshop!  This time we are going to explore the methods of building and constructing that I use in my assemblage creations.   Here are some of the things we'll cover in the class: 

  • Sticky - what do different glues do
    • E6000 
    • Gorilla Glue
    • Two Part Resin 
    • Much more
  • Screwy - Using hardware to connect things
    • Nuts and Bolts
    • Screws and Nails
    • Rivets and Staples
  • Specialty
    • Pulleys
    • Latches
    • Hinges
    • Springs
  • Plastery
    • Using Plaster as a method of Construction
  • Moldable 
    • Aves Apoxy Clay and Sculpt
    • Sugru Hacking Putty
    • Sculpey
    • Wax
  • Tying it all together
    • Wire
    • Twine
    • Rope 
    • Chain
  • Wood
    • Creating basic wood attachments
  • Armature
    • Making a base to build from
  • Problem Solving 
    • using unusual things in unusual ways

Question you may have:
  • How much does it cost?  A: $59.95
  • When does it begin? A: August 18, 2012
  • How long does it run?  A: The class will be available for 2 months b
  • How does it differ from live class?  A: Online classes allow for a bit more in depth explanations of techniques etc.
  • Will there be video?  A: Yes.  I have about 180 of minutes of protected video that only students will be able to access.
  • Will it be live?  A: No.  I will not be doing live video, but I will be setting up a Yahoo Group where I will be available to discuss your questions.  However I each week I will record a video responding to all the questions posed in the Yahoo group.
  • Can you tell me more about the Yahoo Group?  A: Students can access this anytime and discuss issues with other students.  A gallery is also available for students to share current and past works. 
  • Is the class segmented or do I get everything at once?  A: I have designed the class so you will have access to all the information at once and can play with it as you like, at your own speed.  New weekly videos will pop up with additional tidbits and tips.
  • What kind of site is being used to host this class?  A: I'm using a protected TypePad account.
  • How will I access the TypePad account?  A: When class begins I will send out passwords and usernames to all the students.  
  • What else will be on the blog?  A: Along with the Videos I will be posting the major questions as they come up, and the solutions.  I will also do weekly video addressing these questions.
  • Is this for Beginners or Advanced students?  A: It's for everyone.  I've made it so it is information that can be used by all levels.
  • Will it be entertaining?  A: Geez, I hope so.  I will try and make it very un-dry and fun.
  • How will  you accept payment.  A: PayPal
  • What will happen after I sign up?  I'll send you a confirmation to say "howdy" and then just sit back until I start the Yahoo group.  At that point  you'll get an email inviting you to join prior to class and meet some of the other students.  Then on August 18, 2012,  I will send out the TypePad site, codes, etc.
  • How do I sign up?  A: Click the little button and you're off and running. WooHoo!

Art Lab

13 comments:

Darlene K Campbell said...

Hooray! I'll be there.

Elly said...

Sounds gooooooood!! (:o)

Carol said...

Me too....

mankybones said...

Just curious - are you limiting the number of participants?

Karen Williamson... said...

Fabuloso, don't have to buy a plane ticket to do this one. Will definately be signing up.... Yahooza!

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

I just signed up, yay! (I took a short class with you a few years ago, and had so much fun!)

Unknown said...

Are any of your other online classes still available? Specifically, the toolbox one?

Anonymous said...

"How long does it run? A: The class will be available for 2 months b"

b what? It just stops. Does that mean that after 2 months you can't refer to it anymore, or once you buy it can you see it forever, like a book?

Juliette said...

Hi there, Michael! I'm interested in taking your class. One question - will the video be available for download to students once the class is over?

Unknown said...

The class will be up for 2 months, then I change the codes. I'll be rerunning the other classes later this fall or Xmas time….I'll be doing some sort of Xmas special pricing.
cheers
M

Catherine Witherell said...

Yer funny! I think I'm gonna do this!

beadybaby said...

better late than never, right? besides, it's still august 18th in alaska! :-)

sanalibe said...

Hello Michael -

I have a Paypal receipt for your class,but I think the wrong email was attached to the account. This has been fixed, and I tried to send you the new email address via your gmail account, but got no response. I haven't received any passwords or info on the workshop. Can you help? I'm very new to all of this!