Monday, June 03, 2013

Distressed, Disturbed and Disintegrating Dolly Heads Online Class

Starts August 10th
SIGN UP NOW!

Distressed Disturbed Disintegrating Dolly Heads Online Workshop 
with Michael deMeng
My stepdaughters have learned to keep there busted dollies hidden from me...or else they will get transformed into weird wacky things.   Though. for a while, I noticed that  each day my dolly collection seemed to grow smaller and smaller.  Apparently what was happening was  the youngest had conducted a number of rescue mission, to liberate the some of the busted dollies I had purloined.  I was forced to conduct my dolly hunting expeditions outside the home into the jungles of the thrift shops.  But even so...the little tikes seem to periodically disappear...my stepdaughters are admitting to nothing though.

Well, if you've ever been fascinated by discarded dollies...I've got a class for you.  I'm come up with twenty different mixed media techniques to transform little dollies into oddities of all sorts.  We will make them furry, crumbly, crackly, bedazzled, ghoulish and foolish.  

Here is a list of the creation we are going to play with:



THE DOLLY HEADS:
Salvador Dollies
Hell O'Dollies
Barnacled Babes
Annie Oakleys
Tut Uncommon Babies
Zom Zom Blues
Terra Cotta Tikes
Bituminous Bambinos
Parsley Sage and Rosemaries Baby
Dolly Llamas
Bone Daddies
Jaded Nippers
Rust Buddies
Tomb-lers
Bottom Drawer Biddies
Ruby Tuesdays
Swamp Moppets
Mermites
Pin-Heady Lamarrs
Cyclo-paths



So if you want to participate...start gathering up little dollies...don't worry if people look at you funny...that's half the fun.
Ready to play?
Class Starts August 10th!

FAQ
  • How much does it cost?   $99.99
  • When does it begin? 8/10/13
  • How does it differ from live class?  Online classes allow for a bit more in depth explanations of techniques etc.
  • Will there be video?  A: Yes.  I have about 180 of minutes of protected video that only students will be able to access.
  • Will it be live?  No.  I will not be doing live video, but I will be setting up a Yahoo Group where I will be available to discuss your questions.  However I each week I will record a video responding to all the questions posed in the Yahoo group.
  • Can you tell me more about the Yahoo Group?   Students can access this anytime and discuss issues with other students.  A gallery is also available for students to share current and past works. 
  • Is the class segmented or do I get everything at once?  I have designed the class so you will have access to all the information at once and can play with it as you like, at your own speed.  New weekly videos will pop up with additional tidbits and tips.
  • What kind of site is being used to host this class?  I'm using a protected TypePad account.
  • How will I access the TypePad account?  When class begins I will send out passwords and usernames to all the students.  
  • What else will be on the blog?  Along with the Videos I will be posting the major questions as they come up, and the solutions.  I will also do weekly video addressing these questions.
  • Is this for Beginners or Advanced students?  It's for everyone.  I've made it so it is information that can be used by all levels.
  • Will it be entertaining?  Geez, I hope so.  I will try and make it very un-dry and fun.
  • How will  you accept payment?  PayPal.  
  • If you don't use PAYPAL...don't worry...we can work something out.  Just send me and email.  
  • What will happen after I sign up?  I'll send you a confirmation to say "howdy" and then just sit back until I start the Yahoo group.  At that point  you'll get an email inviting you to join prior to class and meet some of the other students.  Then on August 10th ,2013,  I will send out the TypePad site, codes, etc.
  • How do I sign up?  A: Click the little button and you're off and running. WooHoo!


10 comments:

Lani Gerity said...

❤❤❤

Thespa said...

Sounds awesome! What a cool class!

cherylbarcus said...

How long can we access the video's after the class? I would like to join but will be MIA the first week or two.

thank you,
Cheryl

Darlene Sperber said...


Will we be abe to down load the videos

Anonymous said...

Once you buy the class do you get to access back to the website for it 'forever', or does it cut you off after a certain time?

sweet pea jewelry said...

I would also like to know if we can download the videos and continue to access the blog. I would also like to know id you offer a supply/tool list when we register so we can be ready to go when the class goes live. Blessings,Sandy

sweet pea jewelry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Does anyone know where to ask/get answers for the questions above? I also would like to know what the others have asked. My schedule can be crazy, and I would hate to miss big parts of the classes.

Unknown said...

You can download vids and watch at your leisure. Work at your own pace.

Jayne said...

I paid today. Will I get it pretty soon?