Monday, April 01, 2013

Vampire Cinema Coming Soon


 As many of you know next year I'm teaching a workshop entitled "A Vampire Hunting We Will Go".  The workshop will be taking place May 2014 in New Orleans, and attendees will be making vampire hunting kits as well as hitting a variety of vampy locations.  More info on this coming soon...

So if you're anything like me, you miss the days of Saturday evening Fright Night/Creature Feature shows with bad movies and campy hosts.   It dawned on me that it would be mighty fun to put together some videos for everyone...sort of like the good ol' Creature Feature days.  Originally it was an idea that came about so attendees could plot and plan their kits while getting inspired...sort of a movie of the month club.

Here's how it will work. Each month I will put together a little video introducing a vampire film of note (some classic...some downright horrible yet fun). I'll give you a bit of vampire lore and film history and a few clips. Your job will be to track the movie down and watch it.  

I've also set up a FaceBook Group that members can compare notes and comparisons of the various films.   

This will all start midnight April 22...you vampire buffs will know this date. St George's Eve... the night when vamps and evil things are supposed to be most active. This was the night Jonathan Harker arrived at Castle Dracula.

April 22, 2013
Episode One: 
Bald Vampires With Pointy Teeth
 featuring Nosferatu (1922) and Shadow of the Vampire


Start tracking down these titles and I'll get my cape ready!

No comments: