Sunday, September 02, 2007

Tarot Prints to help the hungry

Hi guys,

What a crazy wonderful year so far...it will be one that I will remember always. Everything from my first book publication to the ever-flourishing relationship with the creative and beautiful Judy from across the sea. Now I feel it is time to give a little something to the universe.

I've decided that 10% of the Tarot Card Print sales will go to support the Hunger Project. It is a great organization that is highly rated by charity watch groups. This is an organization that helps fight poverty through some very innovative ways. Here is there mission statement:

The Hunger Project is a global, strategic organization committed to the sustainable end of world hunger.

In Africa, Asia and Latin America, The Hunger Project empowers millions of women and men to end their own hunger. The Hunger Project has pioneered low-cost, bottom-up, gender-focused strategies in each region where hunger persists. These strategies mobilize clusters of rural villages to create and run their own programs that achieve lasting progress in health, education, nutrition and family income.

In all our work, the highest priority is the empowerment of women. Women traditionally bear primary responsibility for family health, education, nutrition and - increasingly - family income. Yet women have been systematically denied information, resources and voice in decisions that affect their lives.

Click Here to Learn more

I think this a very worthwhile cause. Whenever I travel to Mexico I see the struggle that families go through. It is heartbreaking, so I wanted to do a little something. I will place a link to these guys on my blog sidebar if you want to donate to them directly or click below if you want to support them with your purchase of the prints.



thanks,
Michael

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to sharing this amazing post with us. Does tarot really give you mental stability?