Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sketched Out Monday Returns - even if it is Tuesday

Well, it's been a long time since the last Sketched Out Monday...but here...a day late but what the heck.  The above sketch, by the way was done in Oaxaca during Day of the Dead this year.  I actually had a few nice sketches of calaveras but I ended up giving a bunch away to curious children watching me sketch...you can't just give one kid a drawing...everyone gets one.  So this is the sole skeleton sketch of Oaxaca.

This one turned out a bit differently than I expected.
The lines ended up looking like hair.  Sort of a Bigfoot angel.

Here's a small, quick sketch.
A spermy angel in a shrine.

It was cold the day I did this one.  First day I had to wear a scarf for the season.  By the way it is currently 5 degrees Fahrenheit .
This sketch is actually a clue to how I work.  I  start with a skeletal-ish form and and build from that.  This one was one that never made it past the early stages.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone...save those turkey bones....you might be able to make something out of them.



6 comments:

Jill Berry said...

I am going to mail my turkey bones to you.
Looking forward to future Sketched Out Mondays. Happy Turkey Day Michael!

Anonymous said...

i don't know why you always cracked me up... could be the brain damage...

Innovations said...

very interesting drawings you got here

Harnett-Hargrove said...

Interesting. I reckoned you worked in the process, of what you had gathered around for fodder... -J

maria said...

we went to the beach for Thanksgiving holiday. Loads of dead sea bird bones!

Anonova said...

That last sketch is fabulous! Loving the elizabethan collar-looking thing. Although if I saw something like that looking up at me from an empty plate, I'd likely take to my heels...