Sunday, January 31, 2010

Oaxaca Day of the Dead 2010...yep...it's going to happen!

Okay...it's official!  My organizer, Colleen and I heading back to Oaxaca and putting on another workshop!!!!!!
The dates will be Oct. 25-Nov. 3
I don't need to say it again...but I will...I love this place and I love sharing it, so I was glad to hear that Colleen was game for another go.  Every year we give ourselves a few months of reflection, decide what we should change, what worked,  and ultimately decide if we are going to head back.  We have done this and come this Fall, back we go....and hopefully so will you.
This will be our fourth year...amazing!    Hopefully you'll consider joining us.  I'll post more info as we get itineraries and class specifics together.  
This year the workshop is a bit different from anything I've taught anywhere else before.  It still involves found objects but it has a very different angle.I am very very excited.  I'm not going to spill the beans yet but just wanted to whet your appetites.  I think you'll find it pretty interesting.  Let's just say that it will be very Oaxacan.

Stay tuned...........

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael, what will the dates be this year? I always want to be there for you workshop...going to be in Tepozlan in late Oct. and am wondering if the dates will mesh? kpink

Eva said...

Sound´s like fun. I would like to go, you inspire me so much but it will probebly be to expensive for me.
For the moment it´s a tv program here in Sweden about Oaxaca and the Day of the Dead.:)

Anonymous said...

you tease.... i am in for sure... now what 'pray-tell' r u teaching??? i know you won't tell but let me know when u do... yona

JonesMoore Studio Art, Lisa JonesMoore said...

O.K. Michael--what are the dates and cost?? I cannot miss yet another year of being in Oaxaca for Day of the Dead festivities!

Unknown said...

Lisa,
the dates are Oct. 25- Nov 3rd. Hope you decide to go again
cheers,
M

Artsnark said...

fantastic photos - great ambiance

Harnett-Hargrove said...

you have an interesting blog, there is a resonance here.... -Jane

Lisa said...

Jeez, I'd seriously give my right arm to take this class. Wait, I'm right handed---maybe I should make it my left arm...