Monday, March 12, 2007

Aus-semblage

Hey all,

been chillin here in Sydney. Decided it was time to get some work done so Judy set up an area for me that was Liquid Nail proof. The first project was to paint her daughter's cast. She broke it while skateboarding last week. She's into skulls so I did a nice little Dia de los Muertos theme...dem bones. Apparently it was quite popular with her classmates. I expect to see a line of injured skateboarders at the door any day now.

I can't show any photos...top secret....but Judy and I are working on a collaboration. I'll be working on the exterior and she the interior. I should have most of it done by the time I leave then it will be up to her. Should be cool when it is finished...stay tuned for that one.

Went junk shopping today for junk...found a great place called Reverse Garbage.
You can probably figure out the function by the name. Found lots of little goodies, but quite a fun to see as well. Here are some shots off their site.



Tomorrow hooking up with the infamous Keith Lo Bue. I usually see him at Artfest, but I figured I'd barge in on him here in Sydney, and then see him in a few weeks in Port Townsend.

that's it for now...cheers
Michael

9 comments:

Susan Williamson said...

Loved the cast. Actually, I think it looks more like a gauntlet!

Jen Crossley said...

Love the cast it looks way cool.
I think I feel a broken leg coming on
Jen Crossley
Australia

Izabella Blue said...

that is the koolest cast ever!!

Hope to see pics of you & Keith!!

xo ~Bella

Ro Bruhn said...

Love the cast, but no liquid nails?
Can't wait to see the collaborative work with Judy.

Tara Finlay said...

I am loving the heat gun action on the cast. Great job mate!
I broke out the liquid nails this weekend. The natural AND the clear. Livin' on the edge.

Anonymous said...

love the cast, you should set up shop outside your local ER. Just imagine a city full of cast art... a whole new concept in a moving art show.

Kristen Robinson said...

I do believe you have started a new trend Haute Couture Casts.

XO
Kristen

tiffini elektra x said...

What a wonderful time you look like you are having on this trip. Loving the reports. . .
The cast is awesome! The colors and skull are rad. . .wearable art to a whole 'nother level!

Sue McGettigan said...

LOVE the cast - esp. the muertos theme wish I'd thought of that when my son had his cast on forever! I'm a little jealous that you were in my home town (Perth) and now Sydney, makes me homesick :)