Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Okay okay...I know it's been a long time

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

So now I can sit down and write a bit. It's been a bit of a crazy month. Since I last posted, I have taught at Art n Soul. Which was great. I love Portland....an maybe I do love it so much that I will marry it. I stayed with my friends Rob and Stace (who put on my, Sally Jean's and Nina's Italy workshops), great to see those guys. One of the classes I taught was the Holy Rolling Hot Wheels class...so we had a race off at the end. Great fun. Here's a photo from the class.


After Portland I had to turn around and fly to Burbank to film a couple episodes of CraftLab for HGTV. that was fun. It amazes me how many people are involved in a t.v. production. some of you may know Jennifer Perkins, the host. It was great to see her again, and I have to say everyone involved was great and fun to work with. One thing, if I do this again, I'll bring a good book to read...amazing how much down time there is....luckily I had a eighties decor dressing room to hang in.


Getting ready to head to Wisconsin for my teaching gig at Valley Ridge. This is one of my favorite venues. It's in beautiful setting, and Kathy and Bill are great. I love the laid back mellow retreats. I highly recommend taking a class there if you find one you like.
http://www.valleyridgeartstudio.com

In the mean time I've been doing some assemblage retratos (look it up). No peeking. I'll post them when I get a few more made.

ciao for now
Michael

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHhhhhhhhhhhh
I was holding my breath! Hehehe!
Actually I was JUST thinking about you this morning. It is cool and crisp outside. The air was perfect and the sky was a ripe blue. It hurt my heart it was so pretty...

Glad to hear/read from you today. Feel free to chat anytime. I am always here it you have some down-time!

Love the posts as always... me likes the photos too...

XoxoxoX
Jane-brain

edina said...

Just wanted to thank you for two wonderful classes at Art & Soul. I learned a lot, had a great time, and hope to take more of your workshops in the future!

tiffini elektra x said...

Too cool! Can not wait to see your episodes. . .not to mention your book. Patience. .sigh. .

Anonymous said...

Love the hot wheels! Looks like a fun class. I hope I can get to San Marcos this weekend for the gallery show!

Izabella Blue said...

do let us know when the episode is on!! I can't wait for Zack (my 9 year old) to see you in action....he LOVES your art!!!

thanks for sharing all the new info!! xo ~Bella

Deb said...

Michael! I see you are coming to Massachusetts next June... yay!
I loved your Weird Windows class in Portland and look forward to seeing you again next year.
"Boston" Deb