The trials and tribulations of an assemblage artist on the go.
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Method To My Madness. Registration Starts Now!!!!!
Method To My Madness
Starting April 19th I'm going to take students on a little trip into my studio. From beginning to end I'm going to let students tag along as I conceive and create a piece of art. We start off with the inspiration and design- I'll show students how I begin a piece and what I do to research and prepare. I'll then take students into the world of hunting and gathering- flea markets and trash bins for supplies. Maybe a stop off at an art store or two for other goodies. Next construction and paint. - watch me build and paint and finish. I'll be giving commentary during the process. Finally a final critique of what I've done. Not sure what I'm going to make yet…could be just about anything....but who knows?
Online Workshop Starts 4/19/14
Registration Starts Now!
• How much does it cost? $99.99
• When does it begin? 4/19/14
• How does it differ from live class? Online classes allow for a bit more in depth explanations of techniques etc.
• Will there be video? A: Yes. I have about 180 of minutes of protected video that only students will be able to access.
• Will it be live? No. I will not be doing live video, but I will be setting up a Yahoo Group where I will be available to discuss your questions. However I each week I will record a video responding to all the questions posed in the Yahoo group.
• Can you tell me more about the Yahoo Group? Students can access this anytime and discuss issues with other students. A gallery is also available for students to share current and past works.
• Is the class segmented or do I get everything at once? I have designed the class so you will have access to all the information at once and can play with it as you like, at your own speed. New weekly videos will pop up with additional tidbits and tips.
• What kind of site is being used to host this class? I'm using a protected TypePad account. • How will I access the TypePad account? When class begins I will send out passwords and usernames to all the students.
• What else will be on the blog? Along with the Videos I will be posting the major questions as they come up, and the solutions. I will also do weekly video addressing these questions.
• Is this for Beginners or Advanced students? It's for everyone. I've made it so it is information that can be used by all levels.
• Will it be entertaining? Geez, I hope so. I will try and make it very un-dry and fun.
• How will you accept payment? PayPal.
• If you don't use PAYPAL...don't worry...we can work something out. Just send me and email. • What will happen after I sign up? I'll send you a confirmation to say "howdy" and then just sit back until I start the Yahoo group. At that point you'll get an email inviting you to join prior to class and meet some of the other students. Then on April 19th, I will send out the TypePad site, codes, etc.
• How do I sign up? A: Click the little button and you're off and running. WooHoo!
Links to this post
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest