But first how about a musical montage...
Tuesday, October 08, 2013
Thursday, October 03, 2013
PUNK FICTION: Part ONE and Part TWO
PART ONE: TAKING COVER STARTS JAN 3
PART TWO: THE CAVE OF PAGES STARTS FEBRUARY 21
Two Honkin' Workshops or One REALLY Honkin' Workshop (depending how you look at it)! Each part can be independently or as part of a larger whole!
Part 1: Taking Cover $99.99
Part 2: Cave of Pages $99.99
The Whole PUNK FICTION CLASS $165
PUNK FICTION - CLASS DESCRIPTON
Let's have a little fun dementing old books and journals. This online class focuses on transforming traditional book forms and turning them into bizarre and unusual works of art. We will do this in two parts. Part One: Taking Cover will focus on the exterior Part Two: Cave of Pages will be the interior. Each part can be taken independently or together to create one mighty nifty mixed media manuscript.
PART ONE: TAKING COVER
In this part of the class we will focus only on making interesting covers and backs for our book-ssemblages. This will be done taking book covers and modifying them or starting from scratch and creating a book using a variety of assemblage techniques and painting techniques. Perhaps you'd like a book to look like an ancient artifact dug up in a mummies tomb…or...something steampunkish is your preference…or maybe you'd like a cover that's a living breathing beasty…or something with a sci-fi twist that fell out of a visiting flying saucer. Whatever you're preference we will explore well beyond the traditional.
PART TWO: CAVE OF PAGES
I love working with old paper and ephemera. Of course I really love working with it when you can play with the 3rd dimension. I figure why just collage when you can add a little depth and assemblage, so it’s time to “read between the lines”, literally.
What we're going to do in this class is start off with a base (could be a box, or a hollowed out book, or an emptied out photo album), then using other ephemera, photographs and found objects, we will transform it into a cave of pages. A visual tunnel leading you deeper into a gripping tale. What lurks behind the pages is up to you. Get ready to start reading into things.
PUNK FICTION PART 1 AND 2: $165
PART ONE: TAKING COVER: $99.99
PART TWO: CAVE OF PAGES: $99.99
- How much does it cost? $99.99 for each part or $165 for both Taking Cover and Cave of Pages.
- When does it begin? Part One: Taking Cover Begins January 3rd. Part Two: Cave of Pages begins February 21st
- How does it differ from live class? Online classes allow for a bit more in depth explanations of techniques etc.
- Will there be video? A: Yes. I have about 180 of minutes of protected video that only students will be able to access.
- Will it be live? No. I will not be doing live video, but I will be setting up a Yahoo Group where I will be available to discuss your questions. However I each week I will record a video responding to all the questions posed in the Yahoo group.
- Can you tell me more about the Yahoo Group? Students can access this anytime and discuss issues with other students. A gallery is also available for students to share current and past works.
- Is the class segmented or do I get everything at once? I have designed the class so you will have access to all the information at once and can play with it as you like, at your own speed. New weekly videos will pop up with additional tidbits and tips.
- What kind of site is being used to host this class? I'm using a protected TypePad account.
- How will I access the TypePad account? When class begins I will send out passwords and usernames to all the students.
- What else will be on the blog? Along with the Videos I will be posting the major questions as they come up, and the solutions. I will also do weekly video addressing these questions.
- Is this for Beginners or Advanced students? It's for everyone. I've made it so it is information that can be used by all levels.
- Will it be entertaining? Geez, I hope so. I will try and make it very un-dry and fun.
- How will you accept payment? PayPal.
- If you don't use PAYPAL...don't worry...we can work something out. Just send me and email.
- What will happen after I sign up? I'll send you a confirmation to say "howdy" and then just sit back until I start the Yahoo group. At that point you'll get an email inviting you to join prior to class and meet some of the other students. Then on August 10th ,2013, I will send out the TypePad site, codes, etc.
- How do I sign up? A: Click the little button and you're off and running. WooHoo!