Another OnLine class is on the way! Yee haw!This time: TOOLS. Specifically, tools that I use and how I use them in my work. I mean we have to figure out ways dissect things and then resect thing in weird and wonderful ways. This is Humpty Dumpty 101...except we are going to actually put Humpty Dumpty back together again.
Each artist uses different tools to do the voodoo that they do so well.
For instance, one of the things we will be spending a fair amount of time on is the Dremel rotary tool. It comes with lots of bits and I'll shed some light on those various attachments and what in the heck they are for. Of course I'll also show you how to make cool sparks...see..
We will start off with the hand held power drill before we get into the Journey to the Center of the Earth machines.
And then we will chat about things like: rivet guns, torches, Crop-a-diles, vices (the tool kind...not the martini kind), and a bunch of other stuff.
Fear not ! Tools are you friend.
Ready to sign up?
Starts on May 27, 2011
Starts on May 27, 2011
- How much does it cost? A: $59.95
- When does it begin? A: May 27, 2011
- How long does it run? A: The class will be available for 2 months before I change the codes, but students will be able to access information after that date when I send out the new codes.
- How does it differ from live class? A: Online classes allow for a bit more in depth explanations of techniques etc.
- Will there be video? A: Yes. I have about 180 of minutes of protected video that only students will be able to access.
- How many videos? A: Roughly about 180 minutes of video is included in the instruction.
- Will there be PDFs? A: Yes. You will be able to download these to your computer and access them anytime you desire.
- Will it be live? A: No. I will not be doing live video, but I will be setting up a Yahoo Group where I will be available to discuss your questions and issues once a week.
- Can you tell me more about the Yahoo Group? A: Students can access this anytime and discuss issues with other students. Once a week I will be available and answer all questions.
- Is the class segmented or do I get everything at once? A: I have designed the class so you will have access to all the information at once and can play with it as you like, at your own speed. New weekly videos will pop up with additional tidbits and tips.
- What kind of site is being used to host this class? A: I'm using a protected TypePad account.
- How will I access the TypePad account? A: When class begins I will send out passwords and usernames to all the students.
- What else will be on the blog? A: Along with the PDFs and Videos I will be posting the major questions as they come up, and the solutions. I will also do weekly video addressing these questions.
- Is this for Beginners or Advanced students? A: It's for everyone. I've made it so it is information that can be used by all levels.
- Will it be entertaining? A: Geez, I hope so. I will try and make it very un-dry and fun.
- How will you accept payment. A: PayPal
- What will happen after I sign up? I'll send you a confirmation to say "howdy" and then just sit back until I start the Yahoo group. At that point you'll get an email inviting you to join prior to class and meet some of the other students. Then on 5/27/11 I will send out the TypePad site, codes, etc.
- How do I sign up? A: Click the little button and you're off and running. WooHoo!