Thursday, July 02, 2009

Pimpin' Krishna's ride



G'Day Mate,
still hanging in Australia with Judy...having a great time. Trip is going fast...way too fast and back to the teaching circuit in no time. Judy and I are heading to the Blue Mountains this weekend for a little get away. While there we'll be checking out the Jenolan Caves...more on that later...hopefully with video.

For now.... I thought I show all ya'all my latest fixins. I've been busy raiding my girl's stash of goodies of doll heads, arms and what have you.
I ended creating a scene from the Hindu story Bhagavad Gita with Krisha and Arjuna.
My little Arjuna head is not visible in this set of photos (he's a little head beneath the hand
device...).
I ended up giving the Krishna chariot a snake tail. I'm teaching a class Poway, California at Stamping Details called Monster-mobiles that is kind of base on this concept.
After all he is an avatar of Vishnu who is often depicted beneath the hood of a multi-headed cobra the naga Sesha.
This chariot is very roll-able complete with spinning Krishna head.
Best yet, I rigged a little string on the back of his head that will open and close his eyes when tugged.

Hope you enjoyed the ride...
more soon

16 comments:

azirca said...

Fabulous! The colours on this piece are exceptional. The string invention is ingenious and possibly could scare a small child if the need ever arose. (not that I condone scaring small children... well perhaps only the naughty ones ;)

Hope that you and Judy have a great weekend.

Night Beader said...

I love Pimpin' Krishna's Ride! Lots of wonderful color. I bet the eyes are a trip to see when they blink.

Beadily yours
Susan Feldkamp
nightbeaderatlarge.blogspot.com

Marie-Aimée said...

wow !!! it's fantastic

Carina said...

Oh my...Doll heads...I must disassemble dolls and paint them in odd colors....
Michael, those colors are enchanting, thanks for sharing.

melanie joy said...

That is a great piece! I'd love a class. Coming back to Missoula any time soon?

Barbra Brady said...

Thanks, Michael, Krishna is one of my closest friends. Love is all around. Did you know when baby Krishna opened his mouth, his mother could see the entire universe inside?
Babs

bohemiart said...

So beautiful and exquisite, and adorable!

Julie said...

Poway you say?? Veeeeerrryyyy innnteressttinngggg....

(My word verification is "napopsh"..I think that is what you should name your next doll.)

peggy gatto said...

Just right!!!!!
Still lovin my "Dog-gone"!!!

Sue McGettigan said...

Absolutely amazing! Love the spinning head and the cobra tail - here's to raiding Judy's supplies :)

jen salak said...

oh michael what will you come up with next?!!!
looks great!
jen salak

Mija said...

never seen Krishna with a mohawk before, freakin' hip! another excellent piece Michael... I have a thing for blue gods.

smile,
Mija

Stacey Mattraw said...

i WANT him!

michelle renee bernard said...

Love, love, love, love, love this piece!

venus said...

I love Pimpin' Krishna's Ride! Lots of wonderful color. I bet the eyes are a trip to see when they blink.
--
Venus
Home Security Systems no CREDIT CHECK everyone is approved

cabfare productions said...

Michael this is Stacey Mattraw's brother Mitch, I was at one time a devout Hare Krishna monk, I sure wish your wonderfully whimsical Krishna Ride was around when my humble ho ass waz kneeling in front of my Pimp daddy Lord Krishna!

Just fantastic work!