Monday, July 06, 2009

Blues Mountains and Tangerine Classes

Hey there
one more day left in Australia, mate then off to teach this weekend in Idyllwild this
weekend...I've been pretty good about shaking off the jet lag as of late and it is usually easier going back home I find...we'll see.

I'll see some of you in a few days...but here's what's been going on south of the equator...

Blue Mountains

So some of you may know I am a bit of a bat at heart. My dream home...
So it is only appropriate that when Judy took me up to the Blue Mountains this weekend, the first stop was the Jenolan Caves.
It was amazing....and a little eerie...especially when they turn all the lights off...coooool.
The crystals were beautiful and slightly Georgia O'Keefe-esque.
I love these guys...pointy
And of course...the claw
the next day a little antiquing but a quick stop off to look at the Three Sisters at Echo Point.
Then a taste of civilization with Devonshire Tea
..complete with scones...pronounces like "skawns"...it just is...it's like "aluminium".
Pinkies up.


I'll be back in the S.F. area this fall teaching teaching at a store called Tangerine in Dublin CA.
So if you're in the area and you want to make some Holy Rolling Hot Wheels, some deMented Toys, or some Relief Portraiture...stop on by for the fun. Oct 18-20th.
Hope to see you there. Click here for more info


7 comments:

Deb said...

Awesome photos of your underground travels!

Looking forward to meeting you in October at Tangerine. Reserved all three classes in May.

Trizzy said...

WOW - how amazing to have you in my neck of the woods! We have some property 15 mins from Janolan Caves - love your blog, you are an inspiration - thank you!

Artistgirl's Muse said...

LOVE the caves! The bat cave reminds me of vampires....Have you seen the HBO Series 'True Blood' yet? Vampires and other 'creatures' abound!

Janet said...

I have chosen you for the Honest Scrap award!! Because I love your blog! Please check out my blog for details!

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

The caves look so fabulous! Though claustrophobic me loves looking at them through your eyes.

btw - I have always pronounced them 'skawns' (Mom's Canadian).

venus said...

LOVE the caves! The bat cave reminds me of vampires...
The caves look so fabulous! Though claustrophobic me loves looking at them through your eyes
--
Venus
Home Security Systems no CREDIT CHECK everyone is approved

Lots in Samara Costa Rica said...

Hello I want to congratulate to them by its site of the Web of the excellent looks like entertained and very good very to me it elaborated. I invite them to that they explore a little on my Web site.