Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stephanie Lee and Old Montaneeee

Have you ever noticed that the old sidekicks in Westerns always change there letter "A" pronounciation? For instance....the old haggerd sidekick cooks beans over a campfire and says,

"I haven't had fixin's this good since was in Californeeeee". Given the image I chose, I should probably have him saying, "Say hello to my little friend" (Al Pacino Scarface accent)

I'm not really sure what the deal is with the "A"/"E" switch but I thought I'd point it out. I think it may only be used for locations, i.e. Arizoneee, Coloradeee, because I'm pretty sure sidekicks always say "arugula" and not "aruguleee" when making a salad.


Okay so speaking of Montaneee, my buddy Stephanie Lee is coming to teach a workshop in the beautiful Swan Valley (Valleeeee near my neck of the woods in Missouleeee).If you don't know Stephanie, make sure you check out here book Semi-Precious Salvage - Creating Found Art Jewelry.She jumped on the teaching curcuit about a year or two ago and is going crazy now. Unfortunately I'm going to be gone whilst (this is Judy's influence...I would normally say "while") Stephanie is in my neck of the woods but not to worry, Judy and I will be in Portland in no time and we'll be able to hang with Stephanie there.
So here's the skinny on the class. Sept 14- 17th Here's the link: http://artfulgathering.blogspot.com/2008/07/stephanie-leean-artful-gathering-on.html

In you're in the area have give yourself a treat.

M

9 comments:

Vickie said...

I have Stephanie Lee's fabulous book and have been etching any etchable metal I find ever since. Her approach to creating jewelry is magical. It should be a great workshop!

Keli Hansen said...

hey thanks for giving us such a nice post... wish you could join us...maybe another time...i found a little "could be something wonderful"...in your hands...in a free pile in pburg... so someday we will have to meet up so i can give it to you...

thanks so much!
take care
keli...in missoula...

Christine Webb said...

My 2 cents worth....

Stephanie is a fabulous teacher and you will learn lots!

She is fun, down to earth and a pure joy!

Judy said...

See ya in a whilst!

Louisa said...

your nominated for I Love your blog...from a friend from Sydney.
go to eclectic angel blogspot
louisa

Tashai said...

I love that jewelry in the tree image! Looks like fabulous stuff!

Jen Crossley said...

Stephanie"s book is awesome that for sure cant wait for her to come to OZ next year.Hey I recall you werent home when I was in your neck of the woods Hm strange !!!
Jen

ArtSparker said...

On the EEEE: Probably an English county dialect of some kind in origin, people in the Appalachians are supposed to speak something close to to 16th century British English.

Have I seen you book in Paxton Gate in San Francisco? If not, you might want to contact them.

Anonymous said...

Hey, M. The link to la Musica doesn't work for me-any ideas? Also, I'm headed to Bali next week-any scouting you want me to do for you?
Susan